Privacy Notice of Luton Islamic Community Forum
Our contact details
Mr Zaheer Ahmed
Luton Islamic Community Forum [LICF]
Hockwell Ring Masjid [HRM]
15-17 Barley Lane
Tel: 01582 966232
LICF is a registered charity [no: 1126387] and it owns and manages the HRM.
What type of information we have
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Names, addresses and other contact details;
- Your financial information when you make a payment via electronic means;
- Medical information relating to children attending Madrasah classes and of employees, in certain circumstances; and
- Biometric information collected through the use of CCTV surveillance in the premises [See separate CCTV Policy].
How we get the information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one or more of the following reasons:
- Your membership and/or trusteeship of LICF;
- Your employment at HRM;
- Your application for employment at HRM;
- Your children’s Islamic education and participation in activities organised by HRM;
- Your continuing financial and other support of LICF; and
- Contractual or in anticipation entering into a contract with you.
We do not normally collect information about you from any third parties.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
(a) Your consent.
You are able to remove your consent at any time by contacting [Mr Abdul Rehman Saffi at email@example.com]
(b) We have a contractual obligation.
(c) We have a legal obligation.
(f) We have a legitimate interest.
- We rely on:
- Legitimate Interest to use your information relating to your membership and/or trusteeship of LICF.
- Contractual and Legal Obligation to use your information relating to your employment at HRM.
- Contractual and Legitimate Interest to use your and your children’s information relating to your children’s Islamic education at HRM and their participation in activities organized by HRM.
- Legitimate Interest to use your information relating to your continuing financial and other support of HRM; and
- Contractual to use your information in relation to any contacts we have entered into with you or in anticipation of entering into one.
- Explicit Consent to use any medical information relating to your children and their attendance at the HRM Madrasah classes.
- Legitimate Interest or Substantial Public Interest to use your biometric information through the use of CCTV surveillance in the premises.
What we do with the information we have
We use the information that you have given us in order to:
- Communicate with you;
- Discharge our obligations towards you;
- Discharge our obligations under the law; and
- Protect our legitimate interest.
We do not share this information with outside organisations [except those such as Madrasah teachers with whom we have an arrangement in place for the purpose of providing the services that we provide to you and with accountants for payroll purposes] unless we are required by law to do so.
How we store your information
Your information is securely stored at HRM in secure databases and locked cabinets.
We keep your personal information [with the exception of those applying for employment at HRM] for 6 years. We will then dispose your information by securely deleting them from all our hard-drives and any backup systems and by shredding any paper copies.
For those of you who have unsuccessfully applied for employment at HRM, we keep your personal information for 1 month. We will then dispose your information by securely deleting them from all our hard-drives and any backup systems and by shredding any paper copies.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113